30 Amazing Places to Visit in the Andamans | India
Places to Visit in the Andamans: Andaman and Nicobar Islands have history.
And they have wanderlust kindling art.
The Andamans have everything, period.
Crystal clear water, picturesque beaches and instigating historical places make the Andamans the perfect choice for a laid back, pleasurable holiday for families, groups, solo travellers, tourists and honeymooners.
You can doze around in the island backwaters or go for deep sea diving or just opt for the treks.
The Andamans offer something, less or more, to every traveller that comes to the land of the Andaman archipelago.
There are several tour operators in Andamans offering budget tour packages, family packages, group packages in Andaman and surrounding areas.
Let us have a look at the best 30 places that you should never miss when you are in the Andaman and Nicobar islands.
1. Cellular Jail (Port Blair): Also known as the infamous Kala Pani, was a colonial prison at the time when the British ruled India, standing mute witnessing the tortures meted out to the freedom fighters.
2. Radhanagar Beach: The beach was ranked as ‘7th best beach in the world’ by Time Magazine.
One of the most famous beaches in Asia, Radhanagar beach stuns the visitors with its breathtaking lustrous water spilt over sand.
3. Jolly Buoy Island: Famous for the pristine clear beach and underwater corals, Jolly Buoy Island is a part of Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park and a place you should never miss to visit.
4. Neil Island: Neil Island is one in the Andaman archipelago.
It is a beautiful, tiny island showcasing unexplored coral reefs, white sandy beaches and brilliant bio-diversity.
5. Ross Island: Again one of the many Andaman Islands, it was the first administrative settlement of the British in the Andamans.
6. Elephant Beach (Havelock Island): This amazing destination offers beautiful white sand beach along with an incredible coral reef starting only at a depth less than a meter.
7. Makruzz: M V Makruzz is a high-speed catamaran ferry. This is the first ferry service in the capital city and takes 90 minutes to reach Havelock from Port Blair.
8. Laxmanpur Beach (Neil Island): This secluded beach of Laxmanpur Village of Neil Island has a picturesque waterfront and has the abundance of corals and seashells on the seafront.
9. Kaala Pathar Beach (Havelock Island): Situated at one corner of Havelock Island, Kaala Pathar Beach is one of the most visited beaches in the Andamans.
10. Bharatpur Beach (Neil Island): This picturesque beach has an extensive stretch of pure sand and lush greenery that oversees the vastness of the blue sea.
11. Chidiya Tapu (Port Blair): It is known as the best sunset location in Port Blair. Other attractions are green landscape, enthralling beaches and forests bestowed with chirping birds.
12. Samudrika Marine Museum (Port Blair): This museum is owned by the Indian Navy, and is a home to a diverse range of exhibits with informative coverage of the tribal communities, islands’ ecosystem, marine life, plants and animals.
13. North Bay Island Andaman (Port Blair): North Bay is an important attraction in Port Blair, with amazing water activities and rich coral reefs attracting tourists worldwide.
14. Wandoor Beach (Port Blair): Wandoor beach is a famous beach in Port Blair, an ideal destination for swimming and coral sighting amongst locals and tourists.
15. Howrah Bridge (Neil Island): The Natural Bridge or the Howrah Bridge is the chief attraction of Andaman and Nicobar Island which is located on Neil Island.
16. Anthropological Museum (Port Blair): Anthropological Museum, situated in Port Blair offers the highlights of primordial eras of Onges, Jarawas, Shompens Sentinelese, and Nicobarese tribes.
17. Corbyn’s Cove (Port Blair): Corbyn’s Cove is one of the busiest beaches in Port Blair. You can enjoy motor scooter riding and facilities like restaurants & changing rooms are available.
18. Limestone Caves (Baratang Island): The journey to Limestone Caves situated at Baratang Island is equally mesmerising and enthralling which covers all the way through tribal reserves.
19. Chatham Saw Mill (Port Blair): Located on Chatham Island, the Government saw mill was established by the British in 1883 and is among the largest wood processors in the continent. The mill is still operational.
20. Neil Island Jetty (Neil Island): You will have to take a ferry to go to Neil Island and the jetty is the first spot for the people visiting this amazing island.
21. Sitapur Beach (Neil Island): The settlers gave these beaches the name of Ramayana characters (Ramnagar, Sitapur, Bharatpur and Laxmanpur). Sitapur beach is a relaxed beach destination for the travellers.
22. Phoenix Bay Jetty (Port Blair): Located nearer to the Cellular Jail at Port Blair, it is the main point to travel towards North Bay, Viper Island and Ross Island.
23. Joggers Park (Port Blair): Port Blair has Joggers Park as one of its highest points and a peaceful sighting destination, mesmerising especially during morning and after sunset.
24. Marina Park and Aquarium (Port Blair): A prime attraction in the Andamans, Marina Park and Aquarium is a wonderful establishment which is built with the aim of educating the masses about marine life and their conservation.
25. Ross and Smith Island (Diglipur): Connected by a natural white sand bar, these Ross and Smith islands are a must have in your Andaman and Nicobar Islands Tour Package.
26. Red Skin Island (Port Blair): This destination is the exotic locale of the Red Skin Island that attracts visitors worldwide, due to its matchless and enigmatic beauty that will certainly fascinate you in a state of abstraction.
27. Ferar Beach (Port Blair): Solitude is one word for this beach. Visit Ferar beach for inner peace.
28. Viper Island: Gallows at Viper Island were used to hang the freedom fighters before the Cellular Jail was constructed. This place is believed to be haunted, thus adding a thrill to the visit.
29. The Great Nicobar Island: The place flaunts lush green forests and silver sandy beaches. Also, ‘Indira Point’ which is the southernmost tip of India is situated here only.
30. Lalaji Bay Beach, Long Island: Lalaji Bay Beach is situated in Long Island, which is famous for swimming and snorkelling. It is a beautiful white sand beach, which takes two hours to reach here from the jetty.